Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Legal Age Of Driving Bike In Georgia

In the moonlight ....

This summer, Luan has continued to claim me to observe the night sky. Alas, I've never been able to recognize the constellations. So, I always rejected his demands, more or less skillfully ... Until I hear him say "Look at the moon, as she is beautiful." The moon is (almost) always change and yet unchanging. And it's true she is beautiful ....

So Tuesday night we stayed to watch the moon. The show was magical, the full moon surrounded by a halo of light, clear skies .... Why did not I think of it sooner! Surely a satellite fascinating to observe, and it's so simple!

Children have noticed that the moon is not uniformly white. There are gray areas.

After some research on the net alone and reading the excellent book "Astronomy is a breeze," this is what I proposed on Wednesday afternoon


I gave this map to children, and a photo of the moon taken by NASA (found online). Luan spotted easily circuses then he noticed that the gray areas of the moon corresponded to the seas. I then showed a series of photos of the lunar soil. Florence wondered where was the sea ... And we concluded that there was no water on the moon (at least in liquid form have I said).

Children found that the moon was covered with holes (craters), there were big rocks, even mountains. I asked them to recreate the lunar surface with modeling clay and tools (pencils of different diameters). I asked them to represent one side of a sea with a circus and across a continent, with the ground riddled with craters.



Louan has reproduced simplified map of the moon, we have captioned together (sea crater, circus, mountain ....). I think we'll continue observing the Moon and discover the different phases of the moon. The children were delighted, Florence (still in the repeat) has reproduced several times on the moon while his brother drew his map of the moon. A real little treat. I might take a liking to astronomy, me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment